Wednesday 10 September 2008

Research Section

 I am going to be making a website and an album cover for a made up artist.
I will research websites and album covers, focusing closely on single female artists and use a similar style to the album covers below. I will also look at different styles of band websites.


I like the style of this album cover as it is a simple composition with a plain black background. I also like the way half the face is in shadow. The font is a bold contrast against the black background.


I like this monochrome image on the album cover as it emphasises how the artist is a bright contrast against the dark background. I would like to experiment by doing something similar to this because I really like the vintage style and effect it creates. The old fashioned train in the background is a good representation of Duffy's old blues style of music. All of the photographs have artists on the front looking down which may symbolise the emotion and lyrics in the song.

No comments: